To trust or not trust once the verdict is out. Do you or did they have all the facts? Do you or did they have any circumstantial evidence? Is it hearsay?
Do you keep your thoughts in your head for a bit before you open that mouth of yours? Did you pray on those words? Is there a need for you to speak up? Is the story you heard based on gossip? Are you putting yourself in vulnerable situations when it comes to others?
I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison, as the high priest and all the councils can themselves testify. I even obtained letters from them to their associates in Damascus and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished.
Slow your role
You never know when your life will start over but, trust that it will.
A New Day
It’s a brand new day! Today is a fresh do over or we can even go as far and say its a start over! Everyday, is a fresh new start!
To Live In The Past
Its our choice whether or not we want to continue living in the past. If you need a visual, its like driving down the road and continually looking in your rear view mirror. It basically means you won’t be moving forward. We must move forward in life to seek out the good as we walk in faith.
No Sense Of Direction
We will not be running because, hastiness will cause havoc. Trust that I know that all too well, my father had a nickname for me, ‘hurricane’ I never did anything slow!
Should’ve, would’ve, could’ve
Why follow directions? Because, you need to understand the process. It took till my 40’s to figure this out. My ways were not the right ways.
If you don’t slow down to read and understand the directions you may miss the turn that you were supposed to take. How far are you going to head down this road? Are you listening? Are you feeling the nudge? Did you realize you lost your direction? How much farther are you going to go this path till you realize your going the wrong direction?
If you have no destination you won’t know where you are headed which could cause you to feel and be much like Dorothee from whiz-herd of awhz.
I know the older we get we tend to say I should have or I could have which can equate to pure misery. Some of the things that run through my mind is; if only I would have listened to my parents when I was younger. Our parents are sharing their life experiences with us for a reason! They’re trying to save you the pain and agony they suffered.
We will make many mistakes; which will cause us to make many u-turns, you may even hit some bumps, or you may even hit some pot-holes along your way. The bumps and pot-holes can lead to some major damage.
Advice is knowledge from experience!
How do I gain more knowledge? Trust me when I say go on a mission trip or volunteer your time helping others.
Do you need experience? Yes!
- Try to do something different through each volunteer organization
- Use your talents when it comes to helping others
- Set goals to obtain more experience through volunteering
Before Jesus I Trusted To Easily
- What did I think or know about God? I felt God was not there for me because bad things continued to happen to me.
- What did I think love was? I thought love was conditional.
- What motivated me to do something? The continual condemnation at this specific time in my life. I didn’t know or understand what unconditional love was and how I could obtain it.
- What was I afraid of? Shame, others’ opinions of me.
Which one of these questions is easiest and most difficult to answer personally and why?
What does God expect of me?
- Fear God! Have reverence (honor, respect, and awe) for Him!
- Walk in all His ways!
- Love Him!
- Serve Him with all your heart and soul!
- Keep His commands!
His expectations (prior to making a decision) we must do the following:
- Seek – but Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. Luke 5:16
- Avoid – what is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is it not the source of your pleasures that wage war on your members? We must align ourselves with God’s Word James 4:1
- Counsel – but prove yourselves does of the Word and not merely hearers who delude themselves. James 1:22
- Obey – for I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6
- Trust – Acquire wisdom, acquire understanding! Do not forget nor turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her and she will guard you, love her and she will watch over you. Proverbs 3:5-6